MP40 flashing red/orange

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My MP40 is probably 4-5 years old, can't remember when I bought it.
Today its suddenly stopped and the controller is flashing Red/Orange.
I've cleaned the wetside, its spotless, nothing jumps out to me.

Is this a wetside or dryside problem?

Any ideas?

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try doing a hard reset, you can find the instructions on youtube. If that does not work, take a look on the power supply, should be 24vdc output.

OP
OP
P

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try doing a hard reset, you can find the instructions on youtube. If that does not work, take a look on the power supply, should be 24vdc output.

I put my DVM probe into the male connector that goes into the Vortech and can't get any reading...I'm no electrician, so its clearly me. I couldnt get a reading from my (working) MP10 either. What am i doing wrong on the probe?

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture of the meter and the settings your using? Also a picture of where your inserting the probes

OP
OP
P

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture of the meter and the settings your using? Also a picture of where your inserting the probes

Nevermind figured it out - I needed positive probe inside connector and negative on the outside.

Its reading 31vdc. My MP10 reads 24vdc. Could the power adapter be bad then and its giving too much power?

OP
OP
P

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind - reading now that the QuietDrive are 32v power supplies, older models and MP10 are 24v- confirmed my one says 32v so it’s not oversupplying like I originally thought.

motor might just be bad. It runs for 30-seconds then turns off and flashes the red/orange

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind - reading now that the QuietDrive are 32v power supplies, older models and MP10 are 24v- confirmed my one says 32v so it’s not oversupplying like I originally thought.

motor might just be bad. It runs for 30-seconds then turns off and flashes the red/orange

Yeah, QD are 32v. One more thing, you can run the dryside without the wet side attached just to check that the wet side is not the part that is making the the controller to fault.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 149 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back