MP40 Flow Rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rick_farr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what I'm missing.... there is a fantastic flow calculator on the ecotech website, which works out the flow rate for your specific tank. All good.... however.... when you log into the ecotech live website & can program your vortech it only shows the percentage of power to program.

My question is how do I know what percentage = which flow rate?

I'm sure I'm just being blind and missing a setting. Any help would be appreciated

[emoji16]

BlueCursor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, I always thought the # was the number of lights lit on the controller when you turn up the nob.

Bubblebass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always figured the max flow rate on the calculator on the site was 100% on the Vortech. So if the flow in my tank is supposed to be optimal at 2500-4000 gph per the calculator (48x24x24 tank) and I have 2 MP40's (9000 gal/hour max per the calc), I should set my pumps to 1/4 to 1/2 max (2250-4500 gph). This is of course just a starting point and I adjust from there. It also says that one MP-40 is optimal for the flow.....and I'm not buying that. ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back