MP40 Flow Rate

  • Thread starter Thread starter rick_farr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rick_farr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what I'm missing.... there is a fantastic flow calculator on the ecotech website, which works out the flow rate for your specific tank. All good.... however.... when you log into the ecotech live website & can program your vortech it only shows the percentage of power to program.

My question is how do I know what percentage = which flow rate?

I'm sure I'm just being blind and missing a setting. Any help would be appreciated

[emoji16]
 
Hmmm, I always thought the # was the number of lights lit on the controller when you turn up the nob.
 
I always figured the max flow rate on the calculator on the site was 100% on the Vortech. So if the flow in my tank is supposed to be optimal at 2500-4000 gph per the calculator (48x24x24 tank) and I have 2 MP40's (9000 gal/hour max per the calc), I should set my pumps to 1/4 to 1/2 max (2250-4500 gph). This is of course just a starting point and I adjust from there. It also says that one MP-40 is optimal for the flow.....and I'm not buying that. ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new