MP40 loss of magnetic pull?

MTsquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my MP40 dry side came crashing down off of my tank in the middle of the night. Heard the loud noise and went to check to see what had fallen over. Didn’t notice anything around the house that would’ve caused the noise so went back to bed. When I woke up in the morning and was looking at the tank I saw the propeller side sitting in the sand bed and the dry side was on the wood floor. That’s when I figured out that is what caused the loud noise I heard. The dry side sounded like it was still doing it’s thing. I tried to put it back together on the tank however the magnetic field between the two seemed to be somehow messed up as they will not hold together. I am not currently able to use that MP40 and it is currently unplugged. Any tips/ ideas/ suggestions would be helpful as I’m not really sure what to do to try to fix the situation. Also I now only have one MP40 for flow in addition to the main return.

OP
OP
M

MTsquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will not "couple" with the dry side running. Also the dry side should be supported with the supplied "stickie" hanger or they will continue to fall off.
Ok thanks that makes sense. I tried to put it back on while it was still running. Will give it a go the other way and see if that works. Yes I have the stickies just need to put them to use and this seems like a good reason to do that.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned that lesson when one fell on the floor and broke. It is not cheap to fix.
The wet side will fly off if it is stalled by a snail crawling in of something getting caught between the propeller and cage.

OP
OP
M

MTsquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it seems like the dry side on both MP40 are now randomly losing their magnetic pull. Any reason as to why this would be happening or suggestions on how to fix? Don’t want to keep having this issue as the wet side will drop off in the tank when the dry side loses its magnetic pull. The wet side narrowly missed a decent size acro colony this time thankfully.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the dry side is tied up it cannot drop. I do not understand the statement when the dry side drops? mp10.jpg

Back