MP40 placement help

LagunaGlide

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2017
Messages
731
Reaction score
385
Location
Columbus, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been having some issues getting flow right on my 5ft x 24in x 21in Tideline 130. To top it off, one of my gyres has been binding up. Decided to just go for it and bought 2 MP40s.

Was hoping for some placement advice from the flow pros here, and maybe even a suggestion on modes and percentage to start with.

The yellow dots on the end pics were my thought. You can find more pics and vids of rock work in my tank thread.

Thank you!f
20260117_102359_9308F44C-111C-4EF9-94A2-EE787D4314E0.png

20260117_102359_2006AB77-6110-4A38-8690-EA28232065CD.png

20260117_102359_986D3C8D-7BED-40B0-A037-15676EBCB0EF.png

20260117_102359_FC15D390-2971-4A5F-8DB3-43730D6E4BD5.png

20260117_102359_8F84F05B-41D2-4BF1-B013-35B380293C2F.png
 
Last edited:
So many variables between tanks that flow is trial and error for me. I have a larger tank 84x30x25” but my rock work looks similar to yours. I run 4 MP40s 2 on each end opposite each other 2 high two lower in the back.
I run reefcrest with 3 nutrient transport modes but have different speeds on each pump the highest 65% and the lowest is 40%. I have large bubble coral front center and set my flow so it has a nice slow back and forth motion.

Screenshot_20260117-114015.png


Tank showing placement. Tank is bare bottom
image.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new