MP40 Quiet Drive Help

Aaron Davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an MP40 quiet drive for my tank. Got it all set up and running and it's amazing. However, I've noticed that it seems to change modes by itself. I got it all setup and it starts off on the green light setting at a single constant speed. I wanted to use the reef crest mode which makes the flow random. So I switched modes to the yellow light reef crest setting and left it. Then I noticed a few hours later that the pump had caused the sand to be moved enough that I could see the bottom of the tank. So I checked the controller and it had switched back to the green constant setting on it's own. I've tried this numerous times and sometimes it'll switch to green and other it'll switch to a purple gyre setting. Am I just dumb or what's happening here? I can't seem to find any info about this. I just want the pump to stay on the reef crest setting and default back to it whenever the pump goes off of feed mode.

Thanks for any assistance

Aaron

OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If bought used its most likely following the previous owners schedule. Google how to factory reset the pump driver and it should begin following your command from there.
Great. I'll check that out. Thank you!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely do a factory reset, but I’m not clear how the driver could be changing modes without signals from a reeflink or apex WXM. It’s been a long time since I futzed with modes through the driver box, but I don’t recall it having the ability to switch between modes (other than night)? Maybe I just don’t remember.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely do a factory reset, but I’m not clear how the driver could be changing modes without signals from a reeflink or apex WXM. It’s been a long time since I futzed with modes through the driver box, but I don’t recall it having the ability to switch between modes (other than night)? Maybe I just don’t remember.

once you send the program via the reeflink the pump follows that schedule until you reprogram it again. I know i can unplug my reeflink and the pumps still do their thing.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
once you send the program via the reeflink the pump follows that schedule until you reprogram it again. I know i can unplug my reeflink and the pumps still do their thing.

That’s interesting. I don’t think the WXM does - that’s what I use. Learn something new each day LOL.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 110 43.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 121 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 23 9.1%
Back