MP40 vs MP40es

MattinIdaho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were looking to buy one of these units are the es vastly superior? I'm not a equipment geek. I don't need it to pour the milk on my cereal I just need it to provide some nice random flow to my tank.
Is the extra money worth it? I have seen the 2nd Gen for 2/3 or less than the es.
What are your opinions?

joker295

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were looking to buy one of these units are the es vastly superior? I'm not a equipment geek. I don't need it to pour the milk on my cereal I just need it to provide some nice random flow to my tank.
Is the extra money worth it? I have seen the 2nd Gen for 2/3 or less than the es.
What are your opinions?

from what ive seen the gen2 seems to put out more flow then the es version.. the es version has a few newer modes..

KSzegi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what you are looking to do with it, it doesn't sound like there would be any great benefit to getting the ES model. I have 4 running on my tank - 3 of them are the new ES and 1 of them is the older gen2 model ..... I can't program that model into the newer modes and have it work off the designated master controller ..... but other than that it works just as well ......

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two additional modes that seem to "set themselves" with the ES controlled versions. I had a Gen 2 before, and I am going to get another Gen 2 tomorrow for my current tank. Also, the ES versions can talk with the Radion LED fixture, the older version can not. Personally, my favorite mode was "Reef Crest" that is what I plan on running again.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back