MP40QD not so quiet

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnson556
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnson556

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2017
Messages
476
Reaction score
226
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased another MP40QD off of a fellow reefer, making it the 4th MP40QD for my tank. All have 2017 manufacture dates. I absolutely love these pumps. However, after cleaning and setting up this final pump, noise noise noise. Did multiple swaps with different wet sides, still incredibly loud. (will attach video shortly)

Now I obviously cannot make use of the warranty because I am not the original owner. Would a bearing replacement fix this issue? If so what are the best bearings and size for replacement? The last thing I want to do is replace the dry side for $200 a pop.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new