mp40s and ecoSmart live help

The Opinionated Reefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2019
Messages
706
Reaction score
306
Location
Falkirk, Scotland
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so got setup with two MP40s. One at each end of the tank. I have the reeflink and ecoSmart live account setup but it all seems very over the top if I am honest. It's just a pair of powerheads why do I need all these modes that I can't even tell the difference between in the tank.

Currently, I have reef crest, tidal swell, nutrient transport and constant speed mode setup in my tanks timeline but I really don't know what they do. The mp40s seem far too powerful for my reefer 350 and I have them set to 35% maximum. I would prefer a simple one off , one on type setup similar to a synced pair of jaboe rw-8. They don't create a wave but give an alternating pattern and movement to LPS etc

Is there any way to set that up?
 
You could set them to anti sync mode and choose your schedule. You can keep it in just one mode if you like.

Personally this is what I'm running and my acros are super happy.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 7.48.40 PM.png
 
Be thankful you have the ReefLink because otherwise to change the modes you had to press a series of the buttons which for me was very finicky and confusing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new