MP40's Sold Out

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there is a lot of confusion about what this new is about.

That's certainly true. I'm actually pretty happy with ReefLink/ESL so have no plans to switch for now.

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's certainly true. I'm actually pretty happy with ReefLink/ESL so have no plans to switch for now.

Dont need to. I will be one to keep my RL running for now, personally I dont have any issues and my equipment are already setup. Now I can see new users that dont have RL and dont want to spend the money towards the RL going with the Mobius way. At some point I will integrated my equipment with Mobius as right now my Versa pumps are working good. But there is always the possibility that we can get more process improvements (firmware wise) with the Mobius, who knows at this point. Time will tell us.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m assuming the new ones without the RF chip will no longer be WXM compatible for Apex integration... I hope I’m wrong. :(

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m assuming the new ones without the RF chip will no longer be WXM compatible for Apex integration... I hope I’m wrong. :(

I hope you're assumption is incorrect because I enjoy using my Apex to control my MP40s.

Hardware wise they should be compatible as the RF chip that is installed on the new pumps is the same one the Ecotech has been using in the existing equipment since 2018. Firmware wise, they will not work with WXM or RL. But they will allow the users to downgrade the firmware so the new pumps are compatible with RL, now we dont know if that downgrade firmware also allows the new pumps to work with WXM. We still have to wait and see what they say.

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, looks what's back in stock

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, looks what's back in stock

Make sure you view on desktop version so you can see that 6/13 expected date

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont need to. I will be one to keep my RL running for now, personally I dont have any issues and my equipment are already setup. Now I can see new users that dont have RL and dont want to spend the money towards the RL going with the Mobius way. At some point I will integrated my equipment with Mobius as right now my Versa pumps are working good. But there is always the possibility that we can get more process improvements (firmware wise) with the Mobius, who knows at this point. Time will tell us.

I actually DO think software apps running on standard hardware is the way of the future, rather than proprietary hardware …. but we shall see. My initial explorations with mobius and versa did not go well and I moved on. Not necessarily permanently though. Versa just wasn't useful for me without any kind of integration and mobius .... well, I used to have hair on the top of my head! There may well be features that get enabled in mobius that aren't available elsewhere that make it more appealing. For example, I'd like dynamic control of the fans in my Gen4 fadiosn rather then them being on all the time.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The pessimist in me says definitely not back compatible with WXM; the optimist says probably not LOL.

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pessimist in me says definitely not back compatible with WXM; the optimist says probably not LOL.
I’m doing a new tank now and was hoping to use the WXM integration. I really don’t want to deal with the hassle of running Mobius and Apex to set a feeding time (Apex for the skimmer and COR return I was planning on running).

Is there anything wrong with running the pumps off of the battery backup every day for feedings? I have their battery backup on my current tank and was planning on making my own large battery backup. Only problem is if I turn off the pumps with Apex, they will still kick on via the battery backup albeit at a slow speed (probably the normal feeding speed they use).

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back