MRC MR-2R Skimmer Recommended Pumps

Caseyz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at the MRC MR-2R for my build, 210G display with a 60G sump. I need some help in sizing the pumps and hope someone here has the answer. MRC recommends a 2X turnover pump for the feed pump so that is pretty easy to figure out. What I am confused by is the recirculation pump. On their website the call out the Vectra L1 which has now been superseded by the L2. The L1/L2 is a 3100GPH pump which seems pretty large to me but I am new to recirculating skimmers. I contacted MRC and asked for a GPH recommendation, but they wouldn't give me one. So my question to you fine folks is if you have one of these skimmers, what are you using for the recirculating pump?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have not owned that skimmer, I am very familiar with beckett driven skimmers. I’m a little surprised that the L1 would be able to muster the pressure to drive a Beckett, would have thought a blueline/PanWorld would be better. Though those are hard to find at the moment. When I ran the similar MTC HSA 1000, I used a PanWorld 150. If you are concerned about noise, the fluval SP6 would be a good choice.

Back