MrJoels Fluval Evo 13.5

I have been testing with dosing Flourish nitrogen. After dosing 1.5 ml twice over 3 days, I tested nitrates again and it registered ~3-4ppt. Then after 24 hours without dosing it was back to ~.5ppt.
I am going to keep dosing for the next few weeks to see how the system does.
I will need to track nitrate and phosphate to see if phosphate does indeed start going down with the return of detectable levels of nitrates to the system.
The Chaeto is looking a bit darker now and seems to have grown a bit. In theory, it's growth will start binding up nitrate and phosphate for removal from the system.

I also swapped places between the Cyphatrea and Xenia. I also but a rock for the Xenia to attach to since it was starting to wander off the plug. It may be time to vacuum the sandbed again. =P
Evo_May6th.jpg
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new