Mud and Mangroves

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the roots. I just realized the sump is low and some roots are exposed. I need an ATO bad.

P8070027.jpg

Here is a video. White balance is off and reflection is bad but I'm an amateur.
http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/jnktaylor/?action=view&current=P8070025.flv

Jack

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool thanks for the pics and vid! i think when i move into the house on the 1st,im going to have set up like that

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know much about the mud, I bought several mangroves 2 years ago just for a fun project. They didnt seem to grow much for the first year but they were just sitting in my sump with Live sand and a 10K power compact. plus I kept my tank pretty clean. For the last year I put three of them in a CPR aquafuge with some miricle mud, hung it on the back of a frag tank I have running and they have grown much better. I dont do water changes on that tank and I add kent iron to the tank, the light for the mangroves is a standard 60 watt shop light bulb. From my research back when I first got them I decided that a few mangroves was just for fun. To make a filtration difference you had to have alot of mangroves. My new tank I plan on having 30 - 50 mangroves in a sump system. here is a pic of my three mangroves.

mangroves003.jpg

OP
OP
Okeewanfonokee

Okeewanfonokee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good growth on those mangroves Ironman. Do you have most of the root system burried?

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do to the small aquafuge yes they are totally buried, but when I do the big tank I will gradually pull them up higher

Back