Multiple Angels

Crispy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g with a coral beauty, flame back and a pigmy angel, I only have soft corals- so there is no problem there. I'd like to add a lemon peel angel- wondering if there would be any problem with the other angels

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g with a coral beauty, flame back and a pigmy angel, I only have soft corals- so there is no problem there. I'd like to add a lemon peel angel- wondering if there would be any problem with the other angels
Possibly since youre lucky enough to have 3 in that size tank that get along! Not sure I would tempt fate if I were you

OP
OP
C

Crispy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly since youre lucky enough to have 3 in that size tank that get along! Not sure I would tempt fate if I were you
Are you speaking from personal experience? I find that angels aren't territorial, there may be a bit of 'who's boss' but that is all it's been for months in my tank. The 2 smaller ones totally ignore the CB, and after a while seem to get along fine- all are considered to be dwarf and my tank is loaded with rock- lots of grazing and stuff to swim in and out of

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you speaking from personal experience? I find that angels aren't territorial, there may be a bit of 'who's boss' but that is all it's been for months in my tank. The 2 smaller ones totally ignore the CB, and after a while seem to get along fine- all are considered to be dwarf and my tank is loaded with rock- lots of grazing and stuff to swim in and out of
Yeah, added a yellow fin pygmy and a coral beauty to a 125 gallon tank together and the yellow fin killed the coral beauty in a matter of hours. Couldnt get the CB out fast enough with it hiding when I tried to get it

OP
OP
C

Crispy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, added a yellow fin pygmy and a coral beauty to a 125 gallon tank together and the yellow fin killed the coral beauty in a matter of hours. Couldnt get the CB out fast enough with it hiding when I tried to get it
Apples and oranges? My CB was the first to be added to the tank, so it was the dominant to start off, and much larger than the pigmy and flame when I added them- I think a lot has to do with the other tank inhabitants and how and when new ones are added

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it is much smaller, totally doable. One key caveat…. Put it in a acclimation box for 2 weeks. Once they realize they can’t hurt each other they will become accustomed to each other. As a bonus, on the day you put it in, move a rock or two and keep the lights out all day. And yes, speaking from experience… lots of it.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apples and oranges? My CB was the first to be added to the tank, so it was the dominant to start off, and much larger than the pigmy and flame when I added them- I think a lot has to do with the other tank inhabitants and how and when new ones are added
Maybe, just my experience

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it is much smaller, totally doable. One key caveat…. Put it in a acclimation box for 2 weeks. Once they realize they can’t hurt each other they will become accustomed to each other. As a bonus, on the day you put it in, move a rock or two and keep the lights out all day. And yes, speaking from experience… lots of it.
I have had a potters, flame and flameback together in a 40 breeder before. My previous 250 system I had Emperor, regal, blue face, majestic, potters, coral beauty, flame, flameback, potters and bellus together. If you have experience mixing cichlids in the freshwater world, a lot of the same rules apply.

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quite a few in a 4', close to 100 gallon tank. It can be done for sure but not guaranteed to work. Using acclimation boxes definitely help and I find it easier to add more than 1 at time to disperse any aggression. I also usually try to select new additions that are slightly larger than the established fish. Just what has worked for me. I posted this short on another thread but you can see how many dwarfs you can count if you want :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I'll give away that there are 4 flame angels.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back