Multiple dragonets

jeep and goose

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2026
Messages
270
Reaction score
181
Location
lafayette
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a male and female red ruby dragonet and want to add a mandarin or a pair of mandarins to my 100 gallon tank. Should I stick with a solo male or a pair. My lfs has robust males no females though. Also does anyone have tips for installing a target feeder for the mandarins. I’m not sure what parts I should get
 
You could look at this one

 
I got a male and female red ruby dragonet and want to add a mandarin or a pair of mandarins to my 100 gallon tank. Should I stick with a solo male or a pair. My lfs has robust males no females though. Also does anyone have tips for installing a target feeder for the mandarins. I’m not sure what parts I should get
I have seen many larger systems that have different types on mandarins and I would think it's more dependent on the pod status in your tank more than anything.
You could look at this one


This is great and I have one and ordered a second for a soon to be 10 gallon to 70 gallon upgrade that I plan to add a trio of scooter blennies and want to supplement their feedings with freshly hatched BBS.

I would also suggest looking into white worms as all the mandarins I have ever had LOVE them and they're "alive" enough that they move while on the sandbed and the mandarins hunt them down!
 
My other dragonet is a male… I guess my 20 gallon will have a new friend
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new