Multiple gobies, multiple pistolshrimp?

Reckotch

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Location
Sweden
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My qustion is about how it might go with a Yellow Watchman goby and a magnus goby in the same tank, as well as a threespot pistol shrimp (Alpheus parvimaculatus) and a tiger pistol shrimp.

I ordered what I thuought was a yellow watchman+tiger pistol shrimp but recieved a threespot pistol (does not pair with gobies) and a striped small goby, thought to be a magnus goby that prefers to stay alongside rockcaves/burrows.

Would it be probable for it to work in the same tank?

50 gallon mixed reef with several hidingspots/caveburrow opportunities.
 
I've had YWG that would share caves and shrimp with anyone and Ive had YWG that wouldn't share anything with anyone. I've only had a few over the years so I'm not sure what is the typical YWG behavior.

Good luck!
 
The gobies will be fine, but pistol shrimp are intolerant of other pistol shrimp in aquaria.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new