Multiple Kamohara blennies in a single tank?

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experience keeping multiple kamohara blennies in a tank. I hear they are a peaceful fish, but wondering if anyone has direct experience with multiples

Thanks,
Darren

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tried to research that too and couldn't find much. people will keep multiples, but then seems like over time they end up with 1 or 2

on fishbase it says this about kamoharas

Oviparous, distinct pairing (Ref. 205).

so i ended up getting two from ORA. one came in larger than the other and i've never seen them have issues with each other, so seems they've worked it out or ORA was awesome and just sent me a small female and a larger male. i know Divers Den will sell trios of them sometimes, but i couldn't find anything to suggest a trio or school would work long term

mine were also quite picky eaters which surprised me as they're captive bred. i got them eating some live blackworms, but after a week or so i ordered the small granule TDO food and they mow it down now. i already had medium size, but apparently that was too big

OP
OP
L

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the insights, I currently have an ora captive bread one and really enjoy him....he eats well (I mainly feed LRS) and is quite active. I thought adding 2 more would add some real pop to my reef, but I don’t want war to break out. I have always had problems maintaining multiple fish of a single species over the long term (several years) so I am a bit cautious. I know they are a newer blenny to the hobby so experience may be limited.

Anyone else?

Cheers,
Darren

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 5 of these in early 2017 to add to other species of fang blenny in a large tank. For no apparent reason one jumped out (I found the desiccated body on a stress bar) not long after I got them. Stunning little fish, peaceful, will eat any normal aquarium fare. Mine ignored everything else in the tank, no aggression issues, they even spawned on occasion. I started to lose them during 2019 with the final one disappearing in Nov 2019.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back