Blenny Identification

chris_d

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, an online retailer sold the blenny below as a bicolor blenny. I'm very attached to this little guy, he has a great personality but he doesn't match any pictures of a bicolor blenny. Any idea what species this guy is? Thanks for any information!
20240129_202405.jpg
fish
 
Hello, an online retailer sold the blenny below as a bicolor blenny. I'm very attached to this little guy, he has a great personality but he doesn't match any pictures of a bicolor blenny. Any idea what species this guy is? Thanks for any information!
20240129_202405.jpg
fish
Looks like a black combtooth blenny or starry blenny. Pics are dark to confirm
 
Hello, an online retailer sold the blenny below as a bicolor blenny. I'm very attached to this little guy, he has a great personality but he doesn't match any pictures of a bicolor blenny. Any idea what species this guy is? Thanks for any information!
20240129_202405.jpg
fish
Got a whiter photo?
 
Thanks for taking a look guys! I'll try to get a whiter photo today. Black combtooth might be the closest I've seen based on comparing online photos.
 
Is it new to the tank and is it consistently that color with the vertical stripes? I've actually seen my bicolor look exactly like that before when its stressed out. It goes dark with grey vertical stripes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new