Multiple Vortechs on a single power supply?

ReefinIt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there power brick that allows you connect multiple vortechs? I have three MP40s, would like to reduce the three power bricks to one.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from the spec they are 37W each, and from what I remember (and you need to verify this, because I can’t get to my PSU easily to check myself) they are running off 32v.

I recommend getting a Meanwell HLG-150H-36, this is a high grade 150W @ 36v PSU which you can adjust down to 32v and will be enough to power all 3 pumps.

OP
OP
R

ReefinIt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from the spec they are 37W each, and from what I remember (and you need to verify this, because I can’t get to my PSU easily to check myself) they are running off 32v.

I recommend getting a Meanwell HLG-150H-36, this is a high grade 150W @ 36v PSU which you can adjust down to 32v and will be enough to power all 3 pumps.

Thanks. I’m electronic illiterate. Basically I just need to make sure the voltage is 32v and and account for total wattage (37w * 3)?

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look at your current PSU you’ll see the voltage the pumps are operating in, as well as their consumption in amperes.

Wattage equals voltage times ampere.
Once you know the exact consumption times the amount of pumps (3), it is recommended to add another 10-20 percent on top of it.

From looking at the spec on Ecotech’s site, the pumps consume 37W each, if the voltage is 32 like I remember than it equals to 111W@32v and the PSU I recommended should be well enough to handle them all.

But note that you’ll have to adjust the PSU accordingly to provide the correct voltage. Easiest way to go about this is to take a multimeter and measure the voltage while adjusting the screw.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back