multiples- dwarf angels versus tangs

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not had good luck with multiple tangs in my 300 gallon as my yellow is a spazz. It gets along great though with my bicolor angel. I want some more color and larger fish so wondering if dwarf angels are typically as nasty to each other as tangs considering they don't have the scalpels to do as much damage? Wanting to add a smaller flame angel and maybe a coral beauty.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multiple dwarf angels would be a very bad idea unless you have a very large tank with a ton of hiding spaces.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And tangs have no personality other that aggression.
Check out @OrionN; always has multiple pairs of angels in the tank.

OP
OP
J

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multiple dwarf angels would be a very bad idea unless you have a very large tank with a ton of hiding spaces.

IMG_0690.JPG

Like this? Its a DIY 5.5' x 3.5' indoor lookdown pond. More rock to come from my 55 when it comes down and once I can get back to firing some clay rocks. The right cluster of rocks covered in green star that is the most white is the diy ceramic rock below. Going to rotate the light 90 degrees and add another and move back so it doesnt have the glare.
. IMG_0538[1].JPG IMG_0538[1].JPG

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a lot of rock in there you could add small angels just fine. My brother had a super deep DYI tank similar to your dimensions but it was not a look down tank. Small fish can get lost. If I had a tank that big I would look at getting a red sea broomtail wrasse, harlequin tusk, bird wrasse pair, a clown trigger, panther grouper...

OP
OP
J

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a lot of rock in there you could add small angels just fine. My brother had a super deep DYI tank similar to your dimensions but it was not a look down tank. Small fish can get lost. If I had a tank that big I would look at getting a red sea broomtail wrasse, harlequin tusk, bird wrasse pair, a clown trigger, panther grouper...

Already got some small fish so can't get the trigger plus adding nems later, but awesome fish for sure.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back