Multiplication

Questin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Zoanthids multiply, but I have had most of them for years, and so time will always allow them to add up in numbers. I understand some are rabbits while others are dodo birds when it comes to numbers but there is always going to be something that helps them along more then anything else.

How do you fill that rock with Zoanthids? Would you say it is light, "dirty" water, flow, feeding, not having "reef hands", good music and singing to them? :D

There are a lot of people here that have been doing it for years, and I know one of you will be saying you don't want them to multuply, and I can understand that. I have filled up rocks with them and next thing I know they are coming off in clumps and floating around the tank because they have no room left in the mother land. But that is what superglue and frag plugs are for ;)

Briney Dave

High School Marine edc.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be a big ole' "that depends" lol

Some do better with lots of flow others not so much etc.
Let us know which ones you want to spread and I am sure there is somone who is a master of that variety.

You are right that too much growth is easier to cope with and starts many a great trade
briney

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i personally would like to knoe how to get my PPE,PD, and NG to multiply as i have had all for a few months, and nothing.....any pointers?
shane

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Of course it will vary depending on tank conditions, types or palys or zoas, etc...

But honestly I have gotten and am getting my best growth due to major 2 factors I believe. Good flow and good lighting!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 137 74.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back