Mushroom bunched up. Is this normal ?

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got this tequila sunrise and it’s a first for mushrooms for me it’s currently in a coral qt but it is extremely bunched up is this normal behavior? Was completely flat at the LFS.

Attachments

• IMG_1215.MOV
    12 MB

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got this tequila sunrise and it’s a first for mushrooms for me it’s currently in a coral qt but it is extremely bunched up is this normal behavior? Was completely flat at the LFS.
Looks like a dried up shroom ready to be eaten LOL. J/k

Do you have quite a bit of flow going on?

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve got flow going but I had to put into a cup with abunch of holes and little pieces of rock to get them to attach to something

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve got some zoas and a Colorado sunburst anemone on the other side doing well so far
The really bright almost see through one towards the bottom isn’t shriveled up that’s a little one that came with the bigger one

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah just turn your lights down a little bit and give it a couple days and it'll open up for ya. Maybe if you could put it in a less lit area of the tank that will also cause them to open up fairly good, but then again I received a frag and it was fine for a couple days and then started the shrivel up and here I noticed after doing some investigating there was one of those darn apitasia underneath it stinging the heck out of him.

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah just turn your lights down a little bit and give it a couple days and it'll open up for ya. Maybe if you could put it in a less lit area of the tank that will also cause them to open up fairly good, but then again I received a frag and it was fine for a couple days and then started the shrivel up and here I noticed after doing some investigating there was one of those darn apitasia underneath it stinging the heck out of him.
Roger that thank you for the quick replies I’ll turn down the light I can also move it away from the center of the light it’s a 20gallon high ai prime is about 8” above the water I’ve got it on about 45% intensity

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger that thank you for the quick replies I’ll turn down the light I can also move it away from the center of the light it’s a 20gallon high ai prime is about 8” above the water I’ve got it on about 45% intensity
Yeah I have a few different mushrooms and they never liked being moved from tank to tank from the ones I have. Sometimes if you just shut the lights off if it's night where you are and turn the lights on in the morning they will generally start to open up and reach for the light.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back