Mushroom glued to shell

Scottayy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2021
Messages
173
Reaction score
157
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this guy about 2 weeks ago.

He seems happy. But I've been reading they should travel where they want to go.

This one is glued to a snail shell.

I put him in low light low flow in a little crevice.

Is it worth trying to separate from the shell?

As a bonus question, how long until I have more mushrooms?

20220108_132915.jpg
 
I got this guy about 2 weeks ago.

He seems happy. But I've been reading they should travel where they want to go.

This one is glued to a snail shell.

I put him in low light low flow in a little crevice.

Is it worth trying to separate from the shell?

As a bonus question, how long until I have more mushrooms?

20220108_132915.jpg
I wouldn’t try to separate it. It’ll move off the shell on its own given time. They reproduce really really fast. I can’t give you a straight timeline but I’d say maybe a month before it’s moved enough to leave new ones behind
 
I got this guy about 2 weeks ago.

He seems happy. But I've been reading they should travel where they want to go.

This one is glued to a snail shell.

I put him in low light low flow in a little crevice.

Is it worth trying to separate from the shell?

As a bonus question, how long until I have more mushrooms?

20220108_132915.jpg
If it doesn’t like the conditions it will detach itself alone and stick to another place. For the second question it depends maintain stable parameters and you shall succeed.
 
I got this guy about 2 weeks ago.

He seems happy. But I've been reading they should travel where they want to go.

This one is glued to a snail shell.

I put him in low light low flow in a little crevice.

Is it worth trying to separate from the shell?

As a bonus question, how long until I have more mushrooms?

20220108_132915.jpg
I got a couple on a turbo snail. I just glued the snail to the rock. It isn't glued to the shell its attached itself. Don't try and remove it. People put rumble in a basket at let the mushrooms attach so the can sell them. My 2 red shrums are about 20 now a year later.

IMG_3741.jpg
 
I got a couple on a turbo snail. I just glued the snail to the rock. It isn't glued to the shell its attached itself. Don't try and remove it. People put rumble in a basket at let the mushrooms attach so the can sell them. My 2 red shrums are about 20 now a year later.

IMG_3741.jpg
That's gorgeous!

The mushroom will lean one way or the other but never leave the shell, that's why I assumed he was glued on there. Maybe he's happy and doesn't want to move, then.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new