OP
R

Revos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an eclectus, discosoma mushroom... medium flow and light. If it is an eclectus and you got a good deal on it you'll be pleasantly surprised. [emoji6]

Thanxs! They need any food? How often this guys have baby? Are they grow slow or not?
And how much they cost?
Thanxs and sorry about my english

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanxs! They need any food? How often this guys have baby? Are they grow slow or not?
And how much they cost?
Thanxs and sorry about my english
They don't really need fed as they get their energy from lighting. How big is this one? Is it in your tank? It looks pretty small so keep it very low flow if possible to keep it from getting blown around.

It could drop babies in a few months.

If it is yours take good care of it! Right now that particular color morph is fetching high dollars... Upwards of $1000 for the right buyer.

I'm kinda curious how you came across this guy without knowing what it is. [emoji2]

OP
OP
R

Revos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't really need fed as they get their energy from lighting. How big is this one? Is it in your tank? It looks pretty small so keep it very low flow if possible to keep it from getting blown around.

It could drop babies in a few months.

If it is yours take good care of it! Right now that particular color morph is fetching high dollars... Upwards of $1000 for the right buyer.

I'm kinda curious how you came across this guy without knowing what it is. [emoji2]

Thanxs for the tips ! It is small I dont know exactly how small. I live in greece and i buy this guy from a shop in germany. I Just waiting the corals. i will receive them in 3-4 hours.

I pay about the half of the money u said.
The seller has a jawbreaker tag on it and i ask for info here because i was not sure if this guy is a eclectus or a jawbreaker.
This is my first 'rare' 'expensive' kind of mushroom and i Want to be sure that i give this guy the care that he deserve!

So they dont need anything 'special' to thrive and keep their colors right?

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jawbreaker/eclectus debate is a hot topic, but seems like they sell for similar prices so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Nothing special as far as feeding goes, my only suggestion is being as small as it is (which isn't a bad thing) you may want to rig up a small container with some substrate in it to place in your tank.

A small cup or Tupperware container with a mesh top and rubberband will make a safe home for it until it attaches to some rock. Unless it comes to you on a plug or larger piece of rock, but the picture looks like it's on small rubble which means it might not be attached to anything. If you just dropped it in the tank that way it will likely blow around and get lost or makes its way into a power head.

Also. Don't be surprised if it's shriveled up REALLY small from shipping! It'll expand as it gets comfortable in your tank after a few hours likely.

Good luck! Nice score.

OP
OP
R

Revos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 4 years later i have a question guys. So this shroom lost All the yellow color and turn solid red-Orange.

About 2 years ago i get another jawbreaker with a lot of yellow, red and some Green. This one also turning red and almost lost the yellow color. The Green at the second mushroom is still there.
I grow them under 2 kessils a160 under low Light.

So all the jawbreakers as get older they will turning solid red?

Thanxs and sorry about my english.

OP
OP
R

Revos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First picture about a year ago. Second pic top left is the shroom now all red

Attachments

• IMG_20200903_210559.jpg
    IMG_20200903_210559.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20211111_195814.jpg
    IMG_20211111_195814.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
R

Revos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20210803_213013.jpg
IMG_20211214_122858.jpg

OP
OP
R

Revos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20210803_213013.jpg
IMG_20211214_122858.jpg

OP
OP
R

Revos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video is the second jawbreaker when i got it. First pic abot 6 months ago. Second pic now

Any tips?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back