Mushroom ID

TailspotBlenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this mushroom online and got it 12 days ago. It doesn't look anything like the picture on the sellers website - totally different color and texture. I had never bought this type of mushroom so maybe it's just not under the same lights in the photo? I understand the lighting affects the photos a lot.

Also if anyone has any tips on placement I'd appreciate it. I have it fairly low in the tank and I have relatively low lighting now to acclimate the corals I just got which are mostly LPS. I have low/medium flow in the tank.

IMG_1620.jpg

OP
OP
TailspotBlenny

TailspotBlenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took that photo under day light to try to show natural color. Under my blue lights it still looks mostly orange with some green underneath.

What I purchased and was expecting instead of this was a "Ricordea Florida - Blue and Green". See below for part of the picture they had on the website (I didn't post entire photo because it has their name on it). So I'm thinking I definitely did not get a ricordea? I want to ask them to credit my account. I paid $40 for it. I already sent them pictures and asked them if it's possible they sent the wrong one and they said just wait for it to get used to my tank and if it still looks wrong they will credit me.

Capture.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back