Mushroom ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bfishing
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bfishing

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2026
Messages
56
Reaction score
39
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey guys! Any idea what kind of mushroom this is? I bought it without a name or label. Thanks!
 
20260820_154421_FEDAC06A-0A45-4D00-94DA-F53CDA3BFA5E.png
 
Looks like some Rhodactis sp., but if you are looking for a fancy marketing name, I have to pass 😅
 
Looks like some Rhodactis sp., but if you are looking for a fancy marketing name, I have to pass 😅
Oooh okay that’s what I was hoping for :) thanks! I’m quite fond of the little blue streaks
 
Looks like some Rhodactis sp., but if you are looking for a fancy marketing name, I have to pass 😅
Oooh okay that’s what I was hoping for :) thanks! I’m quite fond of the little blue streaks
Some of them can grow quite fast and spread aggressively, so I would recommend having them isolated on a little "Island" rather than the main rock. If that's not possible you can use products like ARKA Aip-Away to get rid of polyps you no longer want.
 
Looks like some Rhodactis sp., but if you are looking for a fancy marketing name, I have to pass 😅
Oooh okay that’s what I was hoping for :) thanks! I’m quite fond of the little blue streaks
Some of them can grow quite fast and spread aggressively, so I would recommend having them isolated on a little "Island" rather than the main rock. If that's not possible you can use products like ARKA Aip-Away to get rid of polyps you no longer want.
Good to know! I have a hairy green mushroom as well and it swells up its stem almost like a nem, none of my others do that, is that normal for them? 🧐

20260820_161121_D69D880C-9E16-4792-905C-53A5221A56F5.png
 
Looks like some Rhodactis sp., but if you are looking for a fancy marketing name, I have to pass 😅
Oooh okay that’s what I was hoping for :) thanks! I’m quite fond of the little blue streaks
Some of them can grow quite fast and spread aggressively, so I would recommend having them isolated on a little "Island" rather than the main rock. If that's not possible you can use products like ARKA Aip-Away to get rid of polyps you no longer want.
Good to know! I have a hairy green mushroom as well and it swells up its stem almost like a nem, none of my others do that, is that normal for them? 🧐

20260820_161121_D69D880C-9E16-4792-905C-53A5221A56F5.png
Looks like it is reaching for more light 🤔
Maybe the spot it is located in is too dark?
 
Good to know! I have a hairy green mushroom as well and it swells up its stem almost like a nem, none of my others do that, is that normal for them? 🧐

20260820_161121_D69D880C-9E16-4792-905C-53A5221A56F5.png
its a lighting thing for shrooms otherwise its somehow catching physical food. I have one that stretches like this due to light and flow
 
Looks like some Rhodactis sp., but if you are looking for a fancy marketing name, I have to pass 😅
Oooh okay that’s what I was hoping for :) thanks! I’m quite fond of the little blue streaks
Some of them can grow quite fast and spread aggressively, so I would recommend having them isolated on a little "Island" rather than the main rock. If that's not possible you can use products like ARKA Aip-Away to get rid of polyps you no longer want.
Good to know! I have a hairy green mushroom as well and it swells up its stem almost like a nem, none of my others do that, is that normal for them? 🧐

20260820_161121_D69D880C-9E16-4792-905C-53A5221A56F5.png
Looks like it is reaching for more light 🤔
Maybe the spot it is located in is too dark?
It’s on the upper rockwork funnily enough!
 
Good to know! I have a hairy green mushroom as well and it swells up its stem almost like a nem, none of my others do that, is that normal for them? 🧐

20260820_161121_D69D880C-9E16-4792-905C-53A5221A56F5.png
its a lighting thing for shrooms otherwise its somehow catching physical food. I have one that stretches like this due to light and flow
I see, it could definitely be flow, in an odd spot
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new