Mushroom Massacre

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like very much to lay waste to my mushrooms, all of them must die, what is the best way to do this?

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word? Didn't even think of that. Anyone heard of this technique? Seems to make sense, works on aptaisia

Kathleen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you frag and sell them? Or trade them to LFS for live rock with nothing on them?

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, why are you wanting to get rid of your shrooms? Why not just slice them off, sell the frags, and if they come back, keep getting frags to sell to people :)

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to buy one of the Aptasia Zappers from Luke and try it on mine...

Same here skinz...i cant wait until he gets them really to ship. Hoping it will be a staple in tiding up the tank with overgrown problem corals as well as aiptasias!

BTW i thought his name was Paul?

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you frag and sell them? Or trade them to LFS for live rock with nothing on them?
They are all on rocks that cannot be removed from my tank, one is supporting two other rocks and th eother has my anemone on it

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because they take over the tank if you don't keep on them.
i wish i could say the same for my shroom.... i only have one well 2 now a baby just sprouted.. i have a hard time getting them to take over.... wander if it's the name??? "jawbreaker" ahahahahah lol

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I could deal with a jawbreaker takeover, not a red kills my prized blasto colony take over

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as getting rid of them...hmmm maybe take a blade to them. Although I have had a mishap when I tried to get rid of Aptasia and Joe's juice got on my zoa and mushroom frag and killed them off. Except fot the fact that the shroom somehow sprouted little babies months after on the same plug.

I have learned from this that making sure to leave them on a rock away from other rock work helps. Glad to know now than to have never known. Good luck bro!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kathleen-Mushrooms have very little value,and they honestly dont provide much for reef tanks any longer,there are much cooler corals out there.Missouri doesnt have NEAR the collection that other places do,it sucks,but is true.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have green hairy mushrooms that I am getting rid of. I find hypodermic needle and kalk paste work the best. You just have to keep injecting them until they shrink into nothingness. These climb on my hydnophora and it doesn't even phase them.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one of the aptaisia zappers from Paul and it does work on mushrooms to an extent. You have to hit them a bunch of times, but it will eventually kill them off. It doesn't work that great on anthelia or GSP, but if you remove as much as possible manually and then zap the few polyps that show up for maintenance, it works pretty well.

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, You have given me much to ponder, does anyone know if agent orange is reef safe?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back