Mushroom reattachment

  • Thread starter Thread starter osu87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

osu87

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2025
Messages
40
Reaction score
43
Location
Burton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my rhodactis mushrooms decided to detach when I removed the rock he was on so I could snap the nuisance vermetid snail off and inject a small area of the rock that had either one small aptasia or majano anemone on it with lemon juice, I swooped him up and put him back on the rock, I wrapped him with 1 thin layer of cheese cloth(looked exactly like gauze) to stay in place. Will this be Ok? i made sure his mouth was accessible. If OK, how long should I leave undisturbed before I attempt to remove?
 
better to put in foam coffee cup with some rubble in it. Low flow area. It will attach to some rubble, which then you can superglue to location/rock you want it on....
 
Hello, and welcome to R2R!

I used a mesh acclimation box with a piece of rubble in it for mine, and the yuma mushroom attached in a few days. You could use a small dish, just as long as it restricts flow from blowing the mushroom out.

I'm not sure if the cheesecloth will allow enough light to go through. It may work though.
 
I agree that those suggestions are the best way to go. Best wishes for its speedy reattachment. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new