Mushroom splitting, or should I be concerned?

Ezeric123

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2019
Messages
16
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this mushroom now for about 8 months and the other day it started to look like it was forming two semi-circles, or from what I've witnessed in the past, about to split into two. However, now the mouth started to separate and you can see its "stomach" or mesenterial filaments. I have the mushroom on a clear piece of acrylic, and you can now see through the mouth. It still seems to be rather healthy though. Generally if it looks stressed, it shrinks up and looses a lot of its "bounce". If anyone has any insight, please let me know. Here are two time lapse videos of what its doing currently. Thanks.



 
I've had this mushroom now for about 8 months and the other day it started to look like it was forming two semi-circles, or from what I've witnessed in the past, about to split into two. However, now the mouth started to separate and you can see its "stomach" or mesenterial filaments. I have the mushroom on a clear piece of acrylic, and you can now see through the mouth. It still seems to be rather healthy though. Generally if it looks stressed, it shrinks up and looses a lot of its "bounce". If anyone has any insight, please let me know. Here are two time lapse videos of what its doing currently. Thanks.





Youre fine, mushroom is definitely splitting :) Congrats on that! But do keep an eye for anything else and what you said about the mouth
 
Youre fine, mushroom is definitely splitting :) Congrats on that! But do keep an eye for anything else and what you said about the mouth
Ok, cool. That's what I assumed, but I figured I better be safe and ask just in case anything was wrong. I've only had shrooms drop babies or form two mouths and then split in the past. Thanks!
 
Update.. it seems to have had a strange split, but I'm not too mad about it...
Screenshot_20190828-182041_Gallery.jpg
 
I had a mushroom that had only been in my tank for a couple of weeks do this weird twisting thing and it ended up pulling itself off of the rock it was on and floating around, what was left on the rock turned into another mushroom. I ended up putting the OG one in a holder until it attached to a rock. I have never seen them do this before.
 
How did these make out because mine did this but into 3 and are have started too look like I think they are healing.

16696572063176938669563230744846.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new