Mussel on tank glass?

SinkyShippy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2019
Messages
2,556
Reaction score
2,999
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have this mussel looking thing growing in the glass of my tank. I’ve never had anyone before. Is this safe to leave in my tank? Will it become invasive?
7B694C77-F12C-40F6-8821-9475CA647B46.jpeg
B3ABE9DC-E41F-499E-9DDE-529EDED7093A.jpeg
 
I currently have this mussel looking thing growing in the glass of my tank. I’ve never had anyone before. Is this safe to leave in my tank? Will it become invasive?
7B694C77-F12C-40F6-8821-9475CA647B46.jpeg
B3ABE9DC-E41F-499E-9DDE-529EDED7093A.jpeg
As a filter feeder with pelagic larvae, it should be safe to leave, yes.

Edit: and - to clarify - no, it shouldn't become invasive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new