joeyamador

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well......
We’re waiting!!!!!
Sorry I have 11 closings this month (custom home builder). Yes I'll send you a pic. I wodnt say there is a secret but stability has helped me.. now as for what I do... reef roids,oyster feast,reef chili 2x a week,red sea nutrition a&b 2ml's daily, I broadcast feed mysis daily (I dont drain the excess water as I feel the particulates help with my filter feeders and it puts my fish in a feeding frenzy) and I follow red seal's trace mineral program based off of calcium consumption... I hear a lot of people still essentially playing the quessing game of "well I put in 1 ml a week and It doesnt do anything" ok I well you have 3 corals and your over dosing hence the lack of polyp extension and your all burned tips dont help... ok I dont say that but I thi I it and try to respond positive. Jumping in shower then I'll get the filters out for the camera. Sorry for late response.

joeyamador

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well......
We’re waiting!!!!!
This doesn't do justice..I'll take a picture of the mother colony when the reef wakes up in my 600 gallon. I fragged this one 4 months ago and am running a modified saxby lighting program.. 12 hour photo period overall 2 hrs are ramping periods (up and down) with fluctuating peaks on my uv,violet and blue. My focus is stable salinity,alk and high indirect flow.. tunze wave box has really helped it my 150. It is a naturally slow growing acro as the mother colony is 4 years old and doesnt grow as fast as my wd which is saying something.. but this one in my 150 has encrusted faster and better color with this set up..phos-.03-.08/nitrate-.3-.4(obviously varies but I try)/alk-9.5(my swing is 9.0-9.5 religiously..hopefully less when the trident is available)/mag-1400-1420 religiously/calcium-420-430(hobby grade kits arent that great but this has helped me with my acros as a +/- of 15ppm is close enough in my range :/ ) then my feeding as I have already stated... not really sure if this helps as I dont really have any hard facts of the benefit but I micro bubble scrub 3 nights a week and really feel it helps as the polyp extension is greater on this particular frag.. it has also increased healing and encrusting on My fragged items in my frag tank.. maybe I can test this on each frag tank. Anyways I'll send a better pic once my main reef has woke up. (Sorry for any typos cant find laptop and I have fat finger syndrome on my phone) :)
20190504_120719.jpg

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info but unfortunately I lost my jerry Garcia not too long after my inquiry.
Everything else looks as good or better than ever so I have no idea what happened. Good luck to you and your Jerry.

joeyamador

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very finicky..mine is from the original colony f2m Jerry garcia.. the sps tank it came from was a 450 gallon spa tank that crashed... sucks but happy to have the last frag from that tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%

Back