Mutiny 2.1 loud as hell and not raising ORP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
So I hooked up my new mutiny 2.1. It is causing such large bubble of air in the effluent, it is pretty much unusable to use during the day when it expels the air.

I have 145g water volume and using the 0.5 sicce feed pump going at the recommended flow rate. The air valve is at the minimum with ozone at 5.

It’s just so loud expelling the air every few seconds or so. My ORP is 220 and only raises it slightly to max 226. I’ve ran it all night and nada.

The ozone is working, because I forgot to turn on the feed pump and could smell it and quickly plugged it back in.

I don’t know if I did something wrong or not, but the amount of air coming out just makes it so loud that it won’t be okay to run it during the day. I did msg them on their website, but thought I’d see what everyone else says on here.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, we responded to your support ticket. We will need you to send us a video of operation in order to better help troubleshoot.

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Good morning, we responded to your support ticket. We will need you to send us a video of operation in order to better help troubleshoot.
I’m at work for 12 hours.

Only thing I can think of is….

I have that green valve on the end of the exiting post carbon. Maybe that’s it? Your manual doesn’t have it pictured on it. The video showing it has it connecting to the recirculating pump? From the feed line, but I don’t have extra tubing to put it in line to go from sicce to right before the barb, and connect it to the bottom clear barb. I have it connected to the end of the post carbon to adjust the flow.

In essence you are restricting the flow from the sicce pre reactor, and I’m restricting it post carbon effluent to tank. I think this may be the problem. I need to cut the tubing going into the reactor and add the valve

I wish your instructions was better.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do think this is the issue. The water flow control valve should be installed on the input side rather than the output side. It is covered in the manual on page 12 but we could definitely do a better job showing that with a few more pictures. If you can make this change and let me know if it resolves the issue first, then if it doesn’t, go ahead and send a video and we can see if there is something else going on.

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I do think this is the issue. The water flow control valve should be installed on the input side rather than the output side. It is covered in the manual on page 12 but we could definitely do a better job showing that with a few more pictures. If you can make this change and let me know if it resolves the issue first, then if it doesn’t, go ahead and send a video and we can see if there is something else going on.
Yep, I just looked and it does say that. My apologies! I do worry about that coming apart of leaking if installed outside the sump. It isn’t as tight fitting as the other barb connections

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries! You can cut the tubing to install the valve very close to the pump so the valve is actually underwater if it makes you feel safer about it. We have used these Altelco valves with the same tubing externally on all of our reactors for many years and it has not been an issue.

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I meant update to say everything was resolved with simple fix.

The quality of the ozone and customer service was outstanding, so I bought their kalkstirrer which works beautifully as well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back