MXM module

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just set up a remote control app on your control tablet for that one time a year you want to change lighting or flow unattended?

certain_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just set up a remote control app on your control tablet for that one time a year you want to change lighting or flow unattended?

I rarely hear people mention this but it's actually a really great level of redundancy, especially when you are away. I have a tablet sitting next to my tank that I honestly rarely use for control since I almost always have my phone with me. But what I can do and have needed to do in the past is remote into the tablet and use the direct connection to control some of my Bluetooth devices. I used to have pretty inconsistent wifi issues with my original Apex and just being able to monitor/control my Inkbird, Neros, and a few other devices was pretty clutch at the moment.

Great tip.

I'm still disappointed I cannot control my Versas via Apex. :frowning-face:

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rarely hear people mention this but it's actually a really great level of redundancy, especially when you are away. I have a tablet sitting next to my tank that I honestly rarely use for control since I almost always have my phone with me. But what I can do and have needed to do in the past is remote into the tablet and use the direct connection to control some of my Bluetooth devices. I used to have pretty inconsistent wifi issues with my original Apex and just being able to monitor/control my Inkbird, Neros, and a few other devices was pretty clutch at the moment.

Great tip.

I'm still disappointed I cannot control my Versas via Apex. :frowning-face:

It really came in handy for me when I was away. My Versa needed a change due to a scheduling mishap and I was able to fix it. Personally, I would never change my flow or lighting without physically being there to evaluate the impact, so I don't see much value in that feature, myself. Power on/off for sure, but that is already a non-issue.

Agree with the Versa feature gap. That's a huge miss and probably would have made me purchase an Apex if they included it.

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! This is very exciting, can't wait for the mxm now.
This issue has been a sore in my side for years!
Just set up the MXM, and attached my return pumps. Pretty simple install. I did have to quickly set up the pump speeds in Fusion, hence the temporary dip, but very happy with this so far. Now so easy to monitor and adjust as needed whilst away from the tank. Peace of mind.
1687117850564.png

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up the MXM, and attached my return pumps. Pretty simple install. I did have to quickly set up the pump speeds in Fusion, hence the temporary dip, but very happy with this so far. Now so easy to monitor and adjust as needed whilst away from the tank. Peace of mind.
1687117850564.png
The auto-dim timeouts do not work on the vectra and vortech controllers. Mine stay on and keep blinking. Hopefully this gets resolved. Undimmed keeps the reef room too bright at night.

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! This is very exciting, can't wait for the mxm now.
This issue has been a sore in my side for years!
Unfortunately the issue remains. Today one of my return pumps decided to slow way down. This is exactly what happens every now and then. So frustrating.
1687312470819.png

Hawkaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugg just hooked up a MXM module hoping to get control of all my rations in one place, I have gen 3,4,5 all “updated” to Mobius platform. Unfortunately even though they have the new WiFi chip and are fully updated the gen 3 and 4 will not connect to the MXM. Here’s hoping for an update that makes the MXM useful. As it is I would have to use 2 Mobius to control several lights and apex to include the MXM.

Not good, this is an expensive paperweight for now.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugg just hooked up a MXM module hoping to get control of all my rations in one place, I have gen 3,4,5 all “updated” to Mobius platform. Unfortunately even though they have the new WiFi chip and are fully updated the gen 3 and 4 will not connect to the MXM. Here’s hoping for an update that makes the MXM useful. As it is I would have to use 2 Mobius to control several lights and apex to include the MXM.

I'm not sure I understand. Did you not read the MXM product page on Neptune's portal to see what Ecotech Marine Radion LED's it supports before you purchased it? It states G5, G6. If nothing else you could have reached out to Neptune support for clarity. I'm sure this gets asked all the time.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s hoping for an update that makes the MXM useful. As it is I would have to use 2 Mobius to control several lights and apex to include the MXM.
There's no other reason except for a command decision to draw the line at what equipment will work and what won't.

Although there's really nothing stopping them, bu I wouldn't hold my breath expecting them to add gen 1-4.

There's a few things that the mxm is lacking. The good news is that they're transparent about it all. If you had just done a little research you would've saved yourself a lot of frustration.

P.S. Where did you get wifi chips for your 3 and 4?

Hawkaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no other reason except for a command decision to draw the line at what equipment will work and what won't.

Although there's really nothing stopping them, bu I wouldn't hold my breath expecting them to add gen 1-4.

There's a few things that the mxm is lacking. The good news is that they're transparent about it all. If you had just done a little research you would've saved yourself a lot of frustration.

P.S. Where did you get wifi chips for your 3 and 4?
If you just do a little research, you can find them. Posted this here so others hopefully won’t make the same assumptions I did, not looking for judgement or affirmation.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is this what you're looking for?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back