MXM not working on radions. What am I doing wrong? Lol

Reefing.with.Rich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have my schedule set up but the lights don’t follow them at all. They are supposed to turn on a 11am yet here it is 12:30 and they still aren’t on. Last night I turned them on around 10:30pm and waiting until 11:15 to see if they would turn off and they didn’t turn off(off time is 11:00pm)
I have no idea what I could be doing wrong but this MXM is about to get tossed in the trash and I’m going back to the mobius app since it’s great!

IMG_4437.png

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that my MXM would stop working after every cycling of the lights. It would run the schedule one time, and then create it's own randomizing light schedule. With 12 Ragion G6 Pros - we never knew which end of the tank would be lit.

I discovered that by unplugging and plugging the MXM in before the lighting schedule starts fixed the problem and have now been 3 weeks without any issue.

I built a relay box to disconnect the MXM module. It was $26 parts off of amazon.

I posted this to a few of the other MXM threads on R2R in detail.

Apex MXM is a point of sale Module by Dave 7.jpg

OP
OP
Reefing.with.Rich

Reefing.with.Rich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I found that my MXM would stop working after every cycling of the lights. It would run the schedule one time, and then create it's own randomizing light schedule. With 12 Ragion G6 Pros - we never knew which end of the tank would be lit.

I discovered that by unplugging and plugging the MXM in before the lighting schedule starts fixed the problem and have now been 3 weeks without any issue.

I built a relay box to disconnect the MXM module. It was $26 parts off of amazon.

I posted this to a few of the other MXM threads on R2R in detail.

Apex MXM is a point of sale Module by Dave 7.jpg
You would think Neptune would fix this. Glad this is on a new build that’s still cycling or I’d be beyond furious. Guess it’s time to go back to the mobius app lol

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can’t say I’ve had this issue unfortunately. Mine has been pretty reliable. I’ve been using it since December last year since I did NSI testing for it, and I’ve not had it fail to follow my schedule ever during that time.

Only issue I had was when the radion clocks were off, I would sometimes get the lights flashing on and off quickly after the schedule was over, but that clock issue was fixed in a firmware update.

Have you tried contacting Neptune?

OP
OP
Reefing.with.Rich

Reefing.with.Rich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Can’t say I’ve had this issue unfortunately. Mine has been pretty reliable. I’ve been using it since December last year since I did NSI testing for it, and I’ve not had it fail to follow my schedule ever during that time.

Only issue I had was when the radion clocks were off, I would sometimes get the lights flashing on and off quickly after the schedule was over, but that clock issue was fixed in a firmware update.

Have you tried contacting Neptune?
Yes I’m scheduled for a live chat Monday to go over everything
Just figured I’d ask to community as well

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back