OP
OP
RJ F.

RJ F.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up upgrading the return pump to a cobalt MJ 606. I absolutely love this pump. Its quiet and powerful. I'm not sure if I'm going to add a PH now. I'll have to see what it looks like when my RBTA goes in. So far my black storms look like they are swimming against current everywhere they go. If anyone is looking into a WB10 buy the MJ 606 right off the bat. You wont be upset

CCAF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up upgrading the return pump to a cobalt MJ 606. I absolutely love this pump. Its quiet and powerful. I'm not sure if I'm going to add a PH now. I'll have to see what it looks like when my RBTA goes in. So far my black storms look like they are swimming against current everywhere they go. If anyone is looking into a WB10 buy the MJ 606 right off the bat. You wont be upset
I will do the same pump upgrade on my 10g waterbox, thanks. Did you upgrade the elbow or return nozzle as well? they both look pretty restrictive.

OP
OP
RJ F.

RJ F.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would’ve waited awhile to put expensive fish in the tank. New tanks can have double cycles. My 45 gallon had a second cycle a month after the first cycle was already finished. I lost $150 in fish and over $300 in coral. Will never make the mistake of putting expensive stuff in a new tank again LOL
So unfortunately I should have taken your advice. There was a delay with the fish store delivering my black storms. In that time I dont think I fed the tank enough to keep the cycle going. I even used straight ammonia to do my cycle. So I lost a black storm. I took some readings and NITRITE was off the chart. I just did a 50% WC. Hopefully my other clown pulls through. This is all a learning experience but man I feel so terrible. This could have been prevented if I was just paying more attention to my parameters. I feel like a fool. The price of the fish doesnt matter to me but the fact that it died because of my irresponsibility bothers the hell out of me. I keep everyone updated on the other storm. I will do WC everyday until its cycled.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So unfortunately I should have taken your advice. There was a delay with the fish store delivering my black storms. In that time I dont think I fed the tank enough to keep the cycle going. I even used straight ammonia to do my cycle. So I lost a black storm. I took some readings and NITRITE was off the chart. I just did a 50% WC. Hopefully my other clown pulls through. This is all a learning experience but man I feel so terrible. This could have been prevented if I was just paying more attention to my parameters. I feel like a fool. The price of the fish doesnt matter to me but the fact that it died because of my irresponsibility bothers the hell out of me. I keep everyone updated on the other storm. I will do WC everyday until its cycled.
Yup that’s unfortunately what happens sometimes... a couple bags of purigen might help your nitrates as well. Are you skimming heavily?

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I took the opportunity on black friday to get some equipment. I got my InTank media baskets as well as a lid and the Red Sea LED 50. I got the ato reservior on amazon. Also got a used SmartAqua Micro ATO. All in all I think it's coming together. I also got the back filter cover that goes over all the filtration compartments. I modded the sceen cover to fit perfectly against it.

20191204_132857.jpg 20191204_132906.jpg 20191204_132924.jpg 20191204_133026.jpg 20191204_133138.jpg 20191204_133147.jpg 20191204_133201.jpg 20191204_133209.jpg
Hmmm..SmartAqua Micro ATI you say? I have been thinking I need some sort of ATO ofr my 16g bicoube. Let me know how it works and if you fund its performance accepable, or if it winds up being poo.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm..SmartAqua Micro ATI you say? I have been thinking I need some sort of ATO ofr my 16g bicoube. Let me know how it works and if you fund its performance accepable, or if it winds up being poo.
I’m running the Neptune atk and my dad has the tunze 3155. Both setups are great. I prefer the tunze but it doesn’t connect to apex so I have the atk

OP
OP
RJ F.

RJ F.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup that’s unfortunately what happens sometimes... a couple bags of purigen might help your nitrates as well. Are you skimming heavily?
I'm not running a skimmer on this tank. I have fikter floss from intank that I added as well as Prime for any remaining ammonia. The ammonia test came back 0 so I know there was bacteria in there. The 2 fish plus the daily feeding just overpowered the bacteria. I'm just going to continue WC daily until everything evens out. I am running chemi pure blue, bio filtration in the chamber and now high quality filter fleece. A 10g is def dif then my 40b with the sump. 60G total.
So far I love it. I had a week where every once in awhile it would beep. But since then it's been nothing but amazing. I would buy it again.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not running a skimmer on this tank. I have fikter floss from intank that I added as well as Prime for any remaining ammonia. The ammonia test came back 0 so I know there was bacteria in there. The 2 fish plus the daily feeding just overpowered the bacteria. I'm just going to continue WC daily until everything evens out. I am running chemi pure blue, bio filtration in the chamber and now high quality filter fleece. A 10g is def dif then my 40b with the sump. 60G total.

So far I love it. I had a week where every once in awhile it would beep. But since then it's been nothing but amazing. I would buy it again.
A skimmer might make life easier but wc’s on a 10 gallon tank are easy...

OP
OP
RJ F.

RJ F.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A skimmer might make life easier but wc’s on a 10 gallon tank are easy...
Yeah that's my take on it. I haven't found any nano skimmers that didnt have their share of problems. Alot of the forums I read said they could take it or leave it. That most skimmers were so hard to dial in. I went back and forth with it and decided against it. I think I'm going to add more bio filtration and if worst comes to worst upgrade to chemipure elite. A 2 gallon wc is doable to me. Unfortunately I should have been monitoring more carefully.
They make a “nano” one too. Just doesn’t have enough features for my liking.
I saw that. Alot of reviews said it didnt live up to its daddy. I also believe it uses a float switch and I dont like those. The micro uses a sensor just like my tunze plus its half the size. I almost bought another tunze but I got the smart micro ATO for $115 plus another $10 off with a coupon.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's my take on it. I haven't found any nano skimmers that didnt have their share of problems. Alot of the forums I read said they could take it or leave it. That most skimmers were so hard to dial in. I went back and forth with it and decided against it. I think I'm going to add more bio filtration and if worst comes to worst upgrade to chemipure elite. A 2 gallon wc is doable to me. Unfortunately I should have been monitoring more carefully.

I saw that. Alot of reviews said it didnt live up to its daddy. I also believe it uses a float switch and I dont like those. The micro uses a sensor just like my tunze plus its half the size. I almost bought another tunze but I got the smart micro ATO for $115 plus another $10 off with a coupon.
Maybe try growing cheato in one of the chambers. That would help too. Cheato is natural, easy and consumes bad stuff like nitrates

OP
OP
RJ F.

RJ F.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try growing cheato in one of the chambers. That would help too. Cheato is natural, easy and consumes bad stuff like nitrates
I've been trying to figure out how to light the chamber. I really dont want to strip the back glass of the tank in order to get light on it. Imma do more research on it for the wb10. I have a ton in my sump

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to figure out how to light the chamber. I really dont want to strip the back glass of the tank in order to get light on it. Imma do more research on it for the wb10. I have a ton in my sump
A small light like a kessil a80 over the top might work. I have a cheato reactor that I made with an aquamaxx reactor and strip lights. You could do that and put it in your stand

OP
OP
RJ F.

RJ F.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my "elegant" living room set up. Whatever I do I want it to look clean. Also I want everything to remain in tank. My 40b has great features but its drilled and plumbed. So if anything leaks it leaks into my sump. I'm not trying to shoot down your suggestions because they're good suggestions, I'm just giving you my thought processes

Back