My 110 gallon SPS Aquarforest build...

Leslie88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
225
Reaction score
68
Location
Oakville, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally after all these years, I’m starting a new tank just the way I want to. Not rushing it, or settling.

I’ve ordered a custom tank from Planet Aquarium. 48x24x22. External overflow built on. It will have a 15” roll top canopy for my Reefbrite 2x250 hqi with xho blue leds.

I plan on going Aquaforest, and primarily all SPS. All my equipment is rolling in... I can’t wait to get started....I still need to order my sump and dosing containers though.

8FA9A116-3FB5-4003-BFCA-AFD1A21C2372.jpeg
 
Nice! Looking forward to the build. I'm going the slow process as well. Really, really slow.
 
Your pile of stuff looks better than mine, but it inspired me to start a build thread. :) I've been stockpiling stuff for the last 5 months.

Happy Reefing!
 
Congrats, you have quite an arsenal of equipment there, look forward to seeing it come to life!!!
 
Thanks, still debating on buying a new sump. I have this huge old one, but’s it’s been used for fresh and fish only. It’s actually bigger than my tank. Lol Feel like I want to start new.


image.jpg
 
If the sump is watertight, fits your objectives, and is functional, the more volume of water overall the better. Think of all the money saved that can be reallocated to livestock or other more essential equipment. Either route you choose, it is going to be fantastic.
 
Congratulations!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new