My 120 fish stock list...need some more ideas!

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a FOWLR. 1st I love a fish thts out alot and It seems like I cant get any fish that are small because of my trigger.

Currently in my tank:
Niger Trigger- biggest fish 5' and is sneaky. I had a cow fish and couldnt figure out who was nipping its tail until 1 night my brother caught the trigger in the act. I had to get rid of my cowfish.

Snowflake eel
Cleaner shrimp
Flame angel- another sneaky one!
Tomato clown
Bristletooth tang
cleaner wrasse
Valentini puffer
Longnose hawkfish
Purple firefish
Twinspot coris wrasse

Today I purcahse 4 green chromis but can only find 2 and the trigger has been going at the 2 tht are out n about as well as going after the firefish on and off but never at the little cleaner wrasse which is weird but w/e.

So I am looking for fish that are not timid because I feel bad for my chromis because they are little but So far they are holding their own. At least those 2 are!

I also want to get a humu trigger, yellow tang, convict tang, and maybe a bird wrasse idk yet. I want some ideas from you guys on what fish I should get so I can go look them up :) please.

kitcat4117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That list looks really good. That only thing I would say is maybe get a pair of the fire fish. They are more likely to be more active when they are in a pair, especially if it is in a more aggressive tank... Good luck!

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That list looks really good. That only thing I would say is maybe get a pair of the fire fish. They are more likely to be more active when they are in a pair, especially if it is in a more aggressive tank... Good luck!

Hmm really... Didnt think of tht. So my question is since i have a firefish already would it be wise to get another one or would they have to be paired already?

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm really... Didnt think of tht. So my question is since i have a firefish already would it be wise to get another one or would they have to be paired already?
Not a good idea, they pair but don't really and you risk the 1 you have killing any new fires.

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just going to toss in my .02
I would skip the cleaner shrimp.
The hawkish, coris wrasse, or the puffer may end up with a $25 snack lol

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just going to toss in my .02
I would skip the cleaner shrimp.
The hawkish, coris wrasse, or the puffer may end up with a $25 snack lol

Lol i been had the cleaner shrimp and since none of them bothered the cleaner i recently purchased the coral banded shrimp. None of the fish bothers the shrimps at all not even the trigger and the trigger is huge. Hopefully it stays tht way!

Mako_SnowflakeEel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this isn't late but you should totally get a snowflake eel they add a lot of personality to the tank and are easy to care for, your shrimp might not be okay but as we are skipping them it will be fine

Back