My 120 fish stock list...need some more ideas!

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a FOWLR. 1st I love a fish thts out alot and It seems like I cant get any fish that are small because of my trigger.

Currently in my tank:
Niger Trigger- biggest fish 5' and is sneaky. I had a cow fish and couldnt figure out who was nipping its tail until 1 night my brother caught the trigger in the act. I had to get rid of my cowfish.

Snowflake eel
Cleaner shrimp
Flame angel- another sneaky one!
Tomato clown
Bristletooth tang
cleaner wrasse
Valentini puffer
Longnose hawkfish
Purple firefish
Twinspot coris wrasse

Today I purcahse 4 green chromis but can only find 2 and the trigger has been going at the 2 tht are out n about as well as going after the firefish on and off but never at the little cleaner wrasse which is weird but w/e.

So I am looking for fish that are not timid because I feel bad for my chromis because they are little but So far they are holding their own. At least those 2 are!

I also want to get a humu trigger, yellow tang, convict tang, and maybe a bird wrasse idk yet. I want some ideas from you guys on what fish I should get so I can go look them up :) please.

kitcat4117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That list looks really good. That only thing I would say is maybe get a pair of the fire fish. They are more likely to be more active when they are in a pair, especially if it is in a more aggressive tank... Good luck!

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That list looks really good. That only thing I would say is maybe get a pair of the fire fish. They are more likely to be more active when they are in a pair, especially if it is in a more aggressive tank... Good luck!

Hmm really... Didnt think of tht. So my question is since i have a firefish already would it be wise to get another one or would they have to be paired already?

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm really... Didnt think of tht. So my question is since i have a firefish already would it be wise to get another one or would they have to be paired already?
Not a good idea, they pair but don't really and you risk the 1 you have killing any new fires.

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just going to toss in my .02
I would skip the cleaner shrimp.
The hawkish, coris wrasse, or the puffer may end up with a $25 snack lol

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just going to toss in my .02
I would skip the cleaner shrimp.
The hawkish, coris wrasse, or the puffer may end up with a $25 snack lol

Lol i been had the cleaner shrimp and since none of them bothered the cleaner i recently purchased the coral banded shrimp. None of the fish bothers the shrimps at all not even the trigger and the trigger is huge. Hopefully it stays tht way!

Mako_SnowflakeEel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this isn't late but you should totally get a snowflake eel they add a lot of personality to the tank and are easy to care for, your shrimp might not be okay but as we are skipping them it will be fine

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back