My 150 build

Kylereefer120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I decided to make the move to salt water from freshwater what I big change it had been I decided to buy a brand new 150 gallon with a 40 gallon sump right now I am running a simplicity skimmer and return pump with a ice cap 3k wave maker for the lights I am running two hydra 26s stocked with 90 pounds of rock and a few lps frogspawns and hammers and couple zoas I plan on doing mixed reef for the fish I have had some issues and already lost some I have a sailfin tang and some waersse right now tanks pretty empty still. Dealing with some new tank sendroms and my tang is sick

D8962927-618B-4A79-B43A-0899419CEDBD.jpeg

F1E2E156-5288-4149-BF5F-D8F7C8CDBA1F.jpeg

107225E1-B3A2-4892-B9F0-510DD12DBB89.jpeg

97A2CC91-1E57-4D76-8279-B73A9CCB466E.jpeg

5132B004-12B5-4A90-A165-B1F45B238A82.jpeg

A9A33F2D-BFA6-4A67-B63A-2A106489789A.jpeg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You have come to the dark side... good for you. New tank syndrome is something that we all have to deal with to one degree or another. The trick is PATIENCE. I always suggest 4 months of cycling with no animals and no light during that time. Then, start with livestock... slowly. Hang in there and ride the ups and downs. Don't do anything drastic at this point other than maybe setting up a QT for the fish. The corals... wait and see. More details on where you are in the process and the parameters would help if you need some advice. Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
Kylereefer120

Kylereefer120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You have come to the dark side... good for you. New tank syndrome is something that we all have to deal with to one degree or another. The trick is PATIENCE. I always suggest 4 months of cycling with no animals and no light during that time. Then, start with livestock... slowly. Hang in there and ride the ups and downs. Don't do anything drastic at this point other than maybe setting up a QT for the fish. The corals... wait and see. More details on where you are in the process and the parameters would help if you need some advice. Merry Christmas.
Well today is a new day and I am discovering that my frogspawn is losing the soft part from the skeleton just started to fall out did this on my hammer to I’m not sure what’s going on

acabgd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today is a new day and I am discovering that my frogspawn is losing the soft part from the skeleton just started to fall out did this on my hammer to I’m not sure what’s going on
Well, without knowing anything about your parameters and the process that you took from the very beginning up to this point we can't help much. It sucks watching the slow demise of your tank inhabitants.
If you can give us a rundown about all the equipment that you have including model type, what your process was in setting up and starting the tank, what you are dosing, what your maintenance schedule is, when you added what livestock, what your sand is and what type of rock you added, what your cycling schedule was & how/what you tested for during that cycle, your lighting schedule & intensities, what your test parameters are, settings of adjustable pumps, what/how you have your sump set up, basically every single little detail from beginning to now. With that information, we can help. It sucks for us to know/watch your tanks demise as well.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back