My 150 Gal Reef from India

arnab.sengupta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks!
I am in the hobby for 5 years now and recently upgraded my tank to 150 gallons. It is mostly SPS dominated. It was a so hard to be in this hobby in India as you do not get access to better equipments and corals. Still have managed to put up a decent tank. Will post pics of my tank. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

F53C5F13-ABF1-4E8F-B7D4-D705919B3739.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks!
I am in the hobby for 5 years now and recently upgraded my tank to 150 gallons. It is mostly SPS dominated. It was a so hard to be in this hobby in India as you do not get access to better equipments and corals. Still have managed to put up a decent tank. Will post pics of my tank. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

It looks so good, even if it’s from India the rarer fish don’t matter. It’s still nice even without those rarer fish like lemon peel hybrids

OP
OP
arnab.sengupta

arnab.sengupta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Fishes are mostly available here in India without any problems. You can even get those rare fishes. It is corals that are very hard to get. I look forward to my Indian reefers also for pointers and advice. I have done my own aquascapes with aqua forest dry rocks and cement. Worked really well for me.
7B4EA4CE-C889-4F63-8898-0AD4E073D0BD.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Fishes are mostly available here in India without any problems. You can even get those rare fishes. It is corals that are very hard to get. I look forward to my Indian reefers also for pointers and advice. I have done my own aquascapes with aqua forest dry rocks and cement. Worked really well for me.
7B4EA4CE-C889-4F63-8898-0AD4E073D0BD.jpeg
The aqua scape looks perfect for both swim room, hiding spots and coral placement!

Last edited:

DrLazyReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome dada :), it's hard to source good looking coral, but I think there are many reefer in your place with decent reefs, sps too. In process of setting up, would really appreciate your inputs and suggestions.

OP
OP
arnab.sengupta

arnab.sengupta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome dada :), it's hard to source good looking coral, but I think there are many reefer in your place with decent reefs, sps too. In process of setting up, would really appreciate your inputs and suggestions.

Hi thanks! Best of luck with ur set up and would be glad to give my inputs/suggestions. Keep in touch

The Fry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ik this post is super old now but where exactly did you get your corals from???????
The reason im asking is because from what ive heard, coral are illegal here without permits
Where did you get the permits and from which shop? I really want to know xd

Last edited:
OP
OP
arnab.sengupta

arnab.sengupta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ik this post is super old now but where exactly did you get your corals from???????
The reason im asking is because from what ive heard, coral are illegal here without permits
Where did you get the permits and from which shop? I really want to know xd
Hi! Where are you from?

sm.sps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks!

Hi, it is really good looking tank. I have 75g tank but i want to start sps tank. I want to know how to keep nitrate Between 10 ? Please tell me

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back