My 150 gallon adventure

Bevans27

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
73
Reaction score
28
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been about a year since I’ve gotten this new system up and running. Upgraded from a 75 gallon to my current 150.....worst part is..... I already want to go larger

So some back story. In preparation to rip up carpet in my house and re-do all the floors, I started looking around for a larger used tank. Knowing I was going to build a custom stand, I wasn’t too concerned with something fancy, just cheap-ish. Finally while on duty at the fire station, I had some down time and found the perfect tank, a 150 gallon for $300, 8 hours away from me. After some messages back and forth, some phone calls to friends, decided to make the trip to get it the following day. Let’s just say, what a trip. Anyways, my friend and I got it all loaded up in the back of my truck and got it back all safe and sound and 18 hour round trip.

So, I was excited to get started on this project, I went to Lowe’s the next day and got myself two sheets of 3/4” plywood. I started cutting this down and working on building my stand.

I’m not really one to take a bunch of pictures of my progress (probably why I’m just now doing this build thread), but I’ve got some. Ill post the ones associated with this part of my story now and add more later! Happy reefing everyone!

A14A961B-FF61-48EA-AD1D-718B08870F04.jpeg D32059E9-B0D9-4ACA-92FA-612FECAB65C3.jpeg 8D03BBB9-0066-4398-B866-C7DD14318CC2.jpeg
 
nice
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new