My 180 gallon work in progress

Nanosheriff10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this used 180 gallon reef ready tank used from someone back in April. I have been working on restoring the stand to like new condition and setting it up at the same time. In the meantime while setting it up my wife made me remodel half of my basement into a bar and fix up the location that is going to be its forever home. Let me know what you think.

I knew I definitely wanted to make a manifold and I think it turned out pretty good.

I am still working on purchasing equipment for it. I plan on getting an Apex Jr or an Apex classic. I also plan on getting an ATI fixture from someone on here or BRS.

I currently have a Skimz Monzter SM502 skimmer, Jebao DCP8000 return pump, 2x Icecap Gyre and 2 Hydor Koralia Evo 600's.

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this used 180 gallon reef ready tank used from someone back in April. I have been working on restoring the stand to like new condition and setting it up at the same time. In the meantime while setting it up my wife made me remodel half of my basement into a bar and fix up the location that is going to be its forever home. Let me know what you think.

I knew I definitely wanted to make a manifold and I think it turned out pretty good.

I am still working on purchasing equipment for it. I plan on getting an Apex Jr or an Apex classic. I also plan on getting an ATI fixture from someone on here or BRS.

I currently have a Skimz Monzter SM502 skimmer, Jebao DCP8000 return pump, 2x Icecap Gyre and 2 Hydor Koralia Evo 600's.

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg

I like it!! :)

OP
OP
Nanosheriff10

Nanosheriff10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add these pictures too. I wanted a cool panel like most of you guys have for the controllers and this is what I came up with. Not as cool as some that I have seen but it works. And I realized after I had it glued that I messed up a bit on the left blue return line... I wanted to but a ball valve on it so I could control back pressure but I forgot :/

thumbnail (8).jpg
thumbnail (7).jpg

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add these pictures too. I wanted a cool panel like most of you guys have for the controllers and this is what I came up with. Not as cool as some that I have seen but it works. And I realized after I had it glued that I messed up a bit on the left blue return line... I wanted to but a ball valve on it so I could control back pressure but I forgot :/

thumbnail (8).jpg
thumbnail (7).jpg

Creative use of the space.... I’ve never seen one placed like that.

OP
OP
Nanosheriff10

Nanosheriff10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a light today for the tank. I got a sweet deal on a lightly used Sun Systems 6 bulb Tek light for 80 bucks. I just need to buy the hanging kit and some ATI bulbs for it. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. It doesn't have lunar lights so I may put a strip of blue LEDs on it

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon IM Nuvo reef too. This one is in my living room. This tank is mainly for my wife and daughter. The "pretty" stuff.

IM Nuvo10, AI Prime HD, Reef Glass skimmer, Phosban reactor, Jebao SW-2

thumbnail (9).jpg
thumbnail (10).jpg

Welcome to R2R! The 10 gallon looks great! The 180 looks like a nice size, compared to the 10 gallon anyway.

I am curious, what species of clown is that in the 10 gallon? How long would you say he is?

OP
OP
Nanosheriff10

Nanosheriff10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to R2R! The 10 gallon looks great! The 180 looks like a nice size, compared to the 10 gallon anyway.

I am curious, what species of clown is that in the 10 gallon? How long would you say he is?

It's a Clarkii. I have had him for about 4 months. I would say he is about 1 1/2".

Carlos09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along.. very nice system
Any update on it?
Also I’m not sure if you already done it but I will try to block as much light from hitting the skimmer as it will grow coralline algae all over .

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back