OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little bit of a update for this tank... This is my shark I've had in there for 4 months now. I did have other fish but lost them do to ich. But I'm almost ready to start getting some new ones and putting them in qt this time around.

1455681570442.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice shark!

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is a couple more pictures in the evening. And I also decided to add a few of my hairy green mushrooms from my reef tank into this one. Should have plenty of room to spread out in here lol. And picked up a couple blue damsels a week ago and they are in there as well. I have my qt up and running and ready to go. Plan to place a big fish order in the next couple weeks!

1456807370671.jpg

1456807384937.jpg

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the shark !!! Wish I could have one, :-(
Thanks! She is awesome! I'm actually just putting a flame angel and 2 raccoon butterflies into qt I just got today. They will be going in there eventually. I'm just starting to get fish again for it.

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just recently put a few mushrooms in there but there isn't any other coral in that tank. I plan to have triggers and angels so I won't put any coral in there except for some softies like the shrooms. And she doesn't disturb the sand bed at all either. She does shallow it out a little where she sleeps but doesn't go crazy doing it.

Ppoeschl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't want butterflies in with elasmobranchs. The flame, maybe ok... But you will want to watch it very closely

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I've posted a update for this tank. Well I've added more mushrooms and just added a piece of leather coral to. Just sticking with softies for it. I did get a huge purple tang and a desjardini sailfin tang as well to go with the flame angel and the 2 damsels.. and of course the shark. Everyone is getting along good so far and they've all been together for a few weeks now. Those butterflies I got never made it out of qt and died about 4 weeks into it. Then I had gotten another order online and ended up losing all them before my guarantee was up. Was bummed about that but at least I got my money back. Slowly I will get it stocked with other fish.

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update on this tank.. everything is going great so far.. picked up a pair of blue jaw triggers 2 weeks ago and a big Scopas tang too. They are all doing well and I'm even getting the shark to target feed pretty well now too. She comes up to the top and can feed her with tongs so that's pretty exciting for me lol. I also have all kinds of shrooms going on in there as well.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back