My 200 gallon build

BryanB

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2015
Messages
93
Reaction score
3
Location
Gulf coast
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so it Is upgrade time got a killer deal on a used tank. I am upgrading to a 200 from a 92 gallon bow front. My biggest question is how much water from the 92 should I put in the 200 all perimeters are really close to spot on my kph floats a little 8-10.4 which I hope the larger tank will help stabilize. I hope not to run a full cycle once it is all set up, my fish will be in a quarentien tank for a day or two but the corals are going to be a strait transfer and I don't want to loose any of them. I am using all RODI water and coral pro salt. My coral collection consists of 30 or so small colony's and frags of SPS and LPS which I like the mix of. I am doing a very lite sand bed with about 200lbs of rock. My sump is a converted 55 with a large section for refugium. Please post any comments that may help me out in this endeavor.
 
I moved everyone in today as well as another hundred pounds of quarried and cleaned roc has to not start a cycle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new