OP
OP
Behnken

Behnken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what I’ll do is start a second thread just for the light stand, and provide all the info I can there. I’ll try to get it started tomorrow after work.

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what I’ll do is start a second thread just for the light stand, and provide all the info I can there. I’ll try to get it started tomorrow after work.
This would be great, I would love to do something like this on my new build!

inetjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever create a new thread on the lift? I'm having my tank built by Reef Savvy and Chris as well, however I'm actually having a canopy built for the top, but I need to have the canopy connected to a lift to get it up and out of the way. Do you have a link to which actuators you used and do you know how many pounds they will lift? I was talking yesterday with Chris about this and he recommended any lift be attached to the stand in order for the canopy to fit properly around the tank each time it raises and lowers. This seems like it would fit the bill and be structurally sound enough to hold the weight given the steel used for the construction. I'd just need to figure out a way to mount the canopy backing to the lift itself on the back panel.

OP
OP
Behnken

Behnken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started the other thread and got busy working on other things and didn’t finish it. I will try to get back on it this weekend. I will make sure it get all the parts listed on it as well.

Cbenner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words Nick! The build looks spectacular, I look forward to having a brew and checking it out in person!
Cheers

JJ440

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing setup! Love the floating canopy! I tried something similar except the canopy folds up instead of lifting.It works pretty good but I think I like your setup better! Following along for more inspiration. Thanks for sharing!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This was beautifully planned from the start and the results are Obvious. VERY Well done !!!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back