My 220 gal stock list.

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone, thanks for taking the time to check out my list of friends I would like to stock my tank with.

I have a 72x30x24 tank with 90 gal sum (using 60%).

I would like to add the following fish, just not sure if they will be fine together or what order I should add them.

5- green chromis
2- clowns (nemo)
1- blue face angel
1- fox face
1- emperor angel
1- sailfin tang
1/2- mandarin (after tank matures and pods are well stocked)
1- porcupine puffer (so cool)
1- diamond goby

and well of course shrimp, crabs, and snails but those will be as needed. If there are any other fish that maybe should be in there let me know.. Right now Im going to fowlr but will be getting corals later on.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stock list is pretty cool . Add the green chromis first. They are what are called "dither fish" meaning they make other shy fish more confident. However blue chromis are not the same so dont mix them up lol.

The one fish i have concerns with is the emperor angel. Those guys can be pretty mean so that would be the last fish i add and add him young.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixing two full-size angels in a 6' tank makes me nervous, but I'll let the experts chime in. If it doesn't work, you could substitute a couple different dwarf angels for one of the big ones.

Porcupine puffers sure are cool. They do get huge and will potentially chomp your shrimp, crabs, snails, or even your small fish if it can catch them. I had one in a service account that would eat silversides in a bite. I've also seen some in public aquariums that had to be close to 2' long...something to think about.

Zach Judge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You thought abt adding any wrasses? They’re beautiful and add good movement!

Zach Judge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You thought abt adding any wrasses? They’re beautiful and add good movement!
Could also get a grouper? They eat a lot and possibly smaller fish, but they’re super cool and have a lotta character!

OP
OP
Anthonyl

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point. Atleast right now I know indont have any hitch hikers. Started with dry sand and dry rock. Probably will be a worry in the future tho.

Zach Judge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point. Atleast right now I know indont have any hitch hikers. Started with dry sand and dry rock. Probably will be a worry in the future tho.
Ya, you never know. They add a lotta color and movement. Is this gonna b a reef?

OP
OP
Anthonyl

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be eventually. Right now just going with fowlr. So I can slowly build what I need to make it a good reef tank.

Zach Judge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be eventually. Right now just going with fowlr. So I can slowly build what I need to make it a good reef tank.
. I’ll probably end up doing the same with my 75. It’s fish only rn. But I’ll end up throwing some coral in eventually

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back