My 220 Miracles Build

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers
I am so glad to finally start a build thread here on reef2reef. Little back ground on me and my tanks.
I started keeping saltwater tanks 15 years ago. My first was a 40 gallon corner aquarium I had it for 3 year and upgraded to a 75 gallon for the last 13 year. The last couple of years I really started to get into the sps corals and my addiction only grew from there (most of you know what I am talking about).

So on to the next chapter. We are building a new home and its time for a tank upgrade. My new tank is being build by Miracles aquariums the dimensions are 72x30x24 and if the tank is as good as the customer service that Derek has showed me the tank will be awesome.

The tank will be made with 3/4" glass all around with starphire front panel, euro-braced with an 50" external overflow and he is make the metal stand 72x30x32.

The house is being framed right now so the updates will come slowly but that's the way this hobby should be.

Thanks
Happy reefing

Attachments

• 72x30x24 w offset externalnew.pdf
    8.9 KB · Views: 410
OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is the best I can do for now.

1545.jpg

Ced21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are starting to feel real. Derek at miracles has sent me some pics of the tank. Man I cant wait!!
first pics.jpg
firstpic2.jpg

Hello upstartreef, I was just at miracles last Friday to check out my tank and was admiring a tank beside mine. Then tonight I just so happened to stumble onto this build thread and saw your tank which was the very tank I was admiring! It's right beside mine :)

Love your external overflow! That's what I wanted, but where my tank is going it won't work out...
Here's the pic of our tanks... lol

Small world.

IMG_5499.JPG

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ced21 very small world lol. Looks like we wanted certain things off of each other's tanks. I wanted to go deeper on the tank but couldn't. Looks like your is 36" D. Your tanks looks awesome.

Do you have a build tread I can follow as well.

Thanks

Ced21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ced21 very small world lol. Looks like we wanted certain things off of each other's tanks. I wanted to go deeper on the tank but couldn't. Looks like your is 36" D. Your tanks looks awesome.

Do you have a build tread I can follow as well.

Thanks

Haven't started one. Been too busy renovating the house and being a dad

When I do, I'll let you know. Thanks! My tank will be eurobraced and it's 8x3x2, like revhtree's tanks dimensions:) I hope he updates his build thread soon ;-)

Anyway, I've joined reef2reef because I saw your tank at miracles. I guess I'm no longer just a reader of these amazing 180gal plus tank builds

Best wishes with your build. I'll be following!

Ced21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, what are you using the bottom hole below your coast to coast for? I noticed that at Miracles and thought maybe to drain the tank?

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ced21 first welcome to the Reef2reef community.

I know what you mean we are building a home. With soccer game and plays live is hectic.

That will be a awesome build tread I will be looking for it. I wanted to go 7' long but couldn't do it in the space a had.

The bulkhead under the overflow will be both a closed loop with an Ecotech L1 going to the 3 bulkheads on the back panel eurobrace so there will be less power head in the tank and to drain water for water changes

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a fun build! Always fun watching a house go together as well. Good luck!
Thanks. This is my family's first time building a home. The process so far has been great. As soon as the house is in the dry I will start pluming the tank and the fish room. Hopefully starting the cycle before the house is even completed. Unfortunately that will be a while ( a couple of months) so my updates will be coming slow.:(

Thanks again for read. Hope you follow along.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. This is my family's first time building a home. The process so far has been great. As soon as the house is in the dry I will start pluming the tank and the fish room. Hopefully starting the cycle before the house is even completed. Unfortunately that will be a while ( a couple of months) so my updates will be coming slow.:(

Thanks again for read. Hope you follow along.

I'm in the slow build club too. Built a new home and finishing it off was, and to a large extent still is, the priority. We've been slowly coming along with the tank getting a little bit done here or there as I had time/$ for. As it is, my old fish will be going in before the lighting is completely done, the long term return is in place, or anything but a little hydro powerhead for movement is in the tank! But, they will have a ton more room and once I get the MP40 properly cleaned and dried out it will make its way over to the new DT to help with flow.

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the slow build club too. Built a new home and finishing it off was, and to a large extent still is, the priority. We've been slowly coming along with the tank getting a little bit done here or there as I had time/$ for. As it is, my old fish will be going in before the lighting is completely done, the long term return is in place, or anything but a little hydro powerhead for movement is in the tank! But, they will have a ton more room and once I get the MP40 properly cleaned and dried out it will make its way over to the new DT to help with flow.
I wish I could have keep my coral and fish but where we are living right now there is absolutely no room for any tank. So I sold everything to friends in my local reef club. I definitely have the reefing DT's.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could have keep my coral and fish but where we are living right now there is absolutely no room for any tank. So I sold everything to friends in my local reef club. I definitely have the reefing DT's.
Understand completely. I was fortunate to have a friend that watched my 3 favorite fish for the better part of 6 months between selling our house and moving into the new one. No way did we have room where we were staying.

aandfsoccr04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're getting the exact same dimensions that I have except I think my overflow is a bit different than yours. Miracles' craftsmanship is outstanding and the build quality of my tank is amazing. I look forward to following your build and seeing what you do with it.

w72x30x24winternal.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back