My 220

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2013
Messages
2,162
Reaction score
620
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've been on here for a few months now and have never really posted any tank progress pics. I have had the tank for a year now. Bought it off someone that had it set up as a predator tank. Got rid of a fish, cleaned rock and everything else and started the reef tank I always wanted. The new tanks almost 8 months old now so here's some pics! All feedback is welcome.

The beginning
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1386445990.936972.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1386446048.957278.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1386446097.139068.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1386446156.072460.jpg


After cycle and new lighting:
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1386446253.657142.jpg
 
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1386446860.853857.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1386446882.404702.jpg


Still a long way to go to fill this baby up but off to a good start. Wish I never put GSP in, stuff is everywhere!
 
Nice rock work, tank is looking good.

I like GSP, as long as it is banished to a lone rock island.

I had a Tiger Cowrie that ate GSP, although I'm not sure if this is normal behavior for these snails.
 
Looking really nice keep it up.
 
Nice rock work, tank is looking good.

I like GSP, as long as it is banished to a lone rock island.

I had a Tiger Cowrie that ate GSP, although I'm not sure if this is normal behavior for these snails.

Thanks for the kind words, that was my mistake, I couldn't decide where I wanted to place it so little bits of it stayed wherever I had so now it's in a few different places. I will win the battle someday! Lol
 
Very nice...great rock work!

Thanks, I think that was my favorite part of this build, it took me a week or so till I was finally happy with it. Still had some left over too but couldn't find a place were it looked right.
 
What type of rock is that? Did you purchase it locally or online?

I'm not sure what type of rock it it, sadly, wish I knew. Some of the nicest I've come across. The guy that I bought the tank from had purchased it locally from a shop in Winter Garden, FL and then I added a few pieces I found here in Tampa, off cragslist. If someone on here does know what type it is please chime in because in curious my self.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new