My 240 Cube

This weekend I got my frag tank setup. I eventually want to go larger but am not sure if I am going to have the room. I hope to convert this frag tank to a clownfish anemone tank if I can find enough room to add another tank.

The tank is a Oceanic 30 breeder 36"x18"x12". It is being lit by 4 36" t-5's. The light is an Icecap retrofit but I am using advance ballasts. The bulbs are currently not being over driven but I wired it so I can use a 660 ballast if I need more light.

Here are a couple of more pictures.


Image00001-2.jpg


Image00002-2.jpg
 
A quick update.

I just moved over a few more corals and moved the rock work around a little. This weekend I picked up 2 tunze 6100's with magnet mounts, 7095 controller and a tunze rock. They were placed in the tank and the flow in the tank is much better.

I hope to move over more corals later in the week and get the kalkwasser reactor up and running. I should have some updated pictures posted tomorrow night.
 
Here are some pictures of the current aquascaping. I have about half of my corals transferred to the new tank. I plan on moving the rest over the next couple of weeks. Once they are moved I am going to move the fish.

Full Tank
Image00002-3.jpg


Left Side
Image00003-2.jpg


Right Side
Image00004.jpg


Center
Image00001-3.jpg
 
I finished off my auto top off system last weekend. I am using a reef filler pump to pull water from a 40 gallon ro/di storage container. It feeds the water to a reeftek kalkwasser reactor and then into the sump. So far it is working very nicely. Here are some pictures.

Image00001-4.jpg


Image00002-4.jpg
 
I picked up a rose anemone last week. My maroon clown are loving their new home already.

Image00001-5.jpg


I have moved over all my corals to the new tank. I still need to move over my tangs and trigger. The plan is to move them this weekend.

Here is the latest aquascaping

Front

Image00002-5.jpg


Left Side

Image00003-3.jpg


Right Side

Image00004-1.jpg
 
Wow digging the update ! This is one sweet tank man, if I'm ever back in Illinois I will have to send you a PM ;)
 
I setup up a couple of two little fishy reactors. One for carbon and one for GFO. The plan is to fill them up tomorrow. I used a line off my return for the tank to feed the reactors. You can also see my tunze controller and drivers.

Image00005.jpg
 
I miss that tank. :(

It's nice to see you make something so beautiful with it Tom. Keep the updates coming. :)


Thanks Mike,

It is a ton of fun to work with but it is a ton of work to get it up and going. Everytime I think I am done I find something else to do.

You are welcome to come by anytime and see it, if you get out this way.
 
Looking good Tom! Fishroom looks nice, clean and orderly!


Thanks, I need to get the wires cleaned up a little. Eventually I will clean them up but I am waiting until I decide on a controller or at least get my temp controller up and running.
 
Awsome build. Everything is looking very good. Keep the updates coming. Really enjoying this thread. Thanks for sharing.

Dave
 
I did some work this weekend and added a sand bed to my frag tank and divided it in half for my two pairs of clown fish. One side I plan to have a anemone for my clowns and the other side will be for frags. Here are a couple of pictures

20100118_00004.jpg


20100118_00005.jpg



I also got a nice closeup of my pink tip hammer coral. I plan to add pictures of the individual inhabitants over the next couple of weeks.

20100118_00006.jpg
 
Thanks for the comments.

I took a couple of more photos today. The tank is running quite well. I did move up my halide a little higher to try and get a little better spread of light. I also added a vortech to my frag tank which is doing a real nice job moving the water in the tank. Two weekends ago I borrowed a friend par meter and took a bunch of readings. I hope to have a picture with all the numbers on it posted in the next day or so.

Image00001-7.jpg


Image00002-6.jpg


Image00004-2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new