My 240 Cube

Wow looks great!
 
Here are a couple more. Not my favorite pictures but an update.

20120110_00002.jpg


20120110_00003.jpg
 
Well I finally got around to building a canopy for my 240 reef aquarium. The canopy is made of 1x2's and 1x3's and plywood. I used oak for the majority of the build and then I stained it a dark red chestnut color to match the canopy. It has a single 400 watt halide with a larger lumenmax reflector. The reflector has 12 LED blue moonlights mounted to it. I also used two 39 watt and two 54 watt ATI blue plus T5's surrounding the halide reflector. Finally I am happy with the lighting on the tank. The T-5's allowed me to go to a 12K Reeflux bulb from the radium I was running. The tank is much brighter and still has a nice hue of blue and enough actinic to allow the colors to pop. Here are some pictures.

Image00003-11.jpg


Image00002-14.jpg


Image00001-17.jpg


Image00001-18.jpg
 
I also took a couple of quick front shots of the tank. I rearranged the rock work a little since the last update. They are also taken with the new lighting.

Image00006-3.jpg


Image00005-4.jpg


Image00004-8.jpg
 
Looks good!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new